07/10/2006 Meeting Minutes

SRRC July Meeting Minutes
July 10, 2006
Springfield Road Runners Board Meeting
Springfield YMCA
July 10, 2006

Members Present: Jim Cinotto, Carol O’Connor, Jim Dahlquist, Arlee Grimsley, Derek Dexheimer, Nyle Robinson, Barb Bonansinga, Matt Lamsargis, Chuck Costello
Not Present: Mike Boyd

Jim C. called the meeting to order at 5:35. Carol read the meeting notes from the June Board meeting. Members offered comments on changes to the notes. Arlee moved to accept the revised notes from 6/12/06, Barb seconded it and the motion carried.

Derek brought the Treasurer’s report to the meeting for Mike. As of 07/10/06, the Financial Statement showed the balance in the Club’s account as $34,377.18, which is approximately $4,500 more than the balance at this time in July 2005. There are 3 Abe’s Army checks that did not clear the bank, which is the $150 in bank adjustments noted on the Financial Statement. Mike will follow up with the check writers. The AMA’s race fee to the Club is still outstanding as well as the amount due from AthleticCare from last year. The Club owes the Hillsboro biathlon their advertising money since the ad was never published in the newsletter. Matt made a motion to accept the Treasurer’s report and Derek seconded and the motion carried.

Jim C. contacted Sarah Carpenter who is out of town for the summer. Sarah has decided to forfeit her position on the Board. Jim C. has asked Chuck Costello to assume the position of Technical Programs Director and Chuck accepted. Chuck posted the Women’s Distance Festival (WDF) on the SRRC website on Sunday following Saturday’s race. With the WDF and the Scholastic Challenge participants totaling over 800 names, it will be difficult to print the results in the newsletter in the current detail-heavy format.

The mile marker that was damaged at the Jacksonville race should be finished but Matt hasn’t had a chance to pick it up from Ace Sign. Matt stated that the marker will be heavier and appears to be more durable than the Club’s current markers. Once received, the invoice for the marker will be forwarded to the Passavant Race Director for payment. The estimated budget for the WDF was dropped off at the Running Center the week before the race. The budget showed 150 runners participating with a total of $9,000 collected. With estimated costs for the race budgeted at $4,600, this race should create a profit to the Club. Matt sent an estimated budget form to Marcia Grant, Director of the Parade Run for completion. As of this meeting, the budget has not been returned to Matt.

Barb discussed the picnic; she stated she has received many reservations. Turasky’s catering gave Barb a quote of $7.00 per person to provide the (fully cooked) food and the tableware on July 22. This makes organizing the picnic much easier as the Club would only need to provide chafing dishes. Members are asked to bring a covered dish to share and whatever adult beverages they want to drink. Barb still needs to get the water jugs from Jack for the day.

Jan Wilson and Kris Maurer asked Barb to thank all the members and volunteers who helped to make the WDF such a big success. There was a great turnout in the Kid’s Run; over 40% more kids ran than in 2005. There were 85 kids that participated with 41 in the 5 and under age group and 44 aged 6 to 10.
Uniforms for the club were discussed. Derek needs to provide Chuck with the order form to put on the Web and to Barb for distribution to members. The form will show a scanned picture of the uniform on it including the club logo. Derek will get the order form to both of them tomorrow.

Matt noted that the Club’s 1850 computer needs a new battery and may have a faulty power cord. There was discussion about whether to repair it or replace it with a new computer. Chuck will look at the computer and price the repairs to try and determine what is the most economical solution. The old computer may be donated to the Computer Banc if the Club decides to buy a new one.

Arlee provided a printout of membership totals as of 6/30/06. There are 874 memberships with a total of 1,299 members. In June alone 92 new members joined the Club. Arlee noted that 120 people renewed their membership during the Abe’s Army sign up.
There is not an Unforgettable Run this year. The sponsor may have a walk, only. The newsletter was dropped off at St. John’s on 7/2 for printing. Nyle plans to include the Tri-Fest results in the August issue. The deadline for August was moved from the 15th to the 18th to include the Tri-fest results.
Jim C. asked Matt to choose a date for the Race Director meeting normally held in October. Matt will need to contact the Library for an available room and then email all current Race Directors with the date/time/place information.

Matt made a motion to adjourn the meeting and Derek seconded it. The meeting adjourned at 6:23 PM. The next meeting is scheduled for Monday, August 14 at 5:30 PM at the YMCA.